Hmmmm – well looking at comics in general there are several things I need to be able to do:
1) Draw a human face and figure – I want the characters to be fairly realistic so need to be pretty good at this
2) Draw good backgrounds – this means a good understanding of perspective, light and shadow and all sorts of other things I expect…
3) Ink my drawings – if done on paper then they need to be inked to reproduce well on scans – if done on a tablet then the techniques will also be useful for emphasis.
4) Colour? Actually I think my work may be B/W so I wont need this. Yet. This makes point 3 all the more important though as I’ll need good inking techniques to replace the lack of colour.
5) Lettering. Oh I suppose I could download a fancy comicbook font and use that (and may eventually do so…) but for now I’d like the liveness of hand lettering.
Any other suggestions?
You can follow this blog on Twitter @spitfireblog for information on new posts and other general comic book related items.